Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Oh, Pearson Vue, How I Missed You... Sort Of.

If you are a Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCITP, MCSE or have historically taken Microsoft exams for a few years now, you'll likely already been through the switch from Pearson Vue to Prometric and now here it is, coming full circle again, back to Pearson Vue.

Years ago, I LOVED my local Pearson Vue test center. It was in building on the same block as my place of employment and I had taken so many exams around that time that they greeted me by name when I walked into the office.  When things switched to Prometric, well, it was like I lost a friend.  But there was a local Prometric test center not far from work as well and my testing life went on.

So here we are again, switching back to Pearson Vue.  Check out the blog BornToLearn blog to find out more about some of the new features you can take advantage of, including being able to schedule exams directly from the Microsoft Learning portal using your Microsoft Account.  If you haven't checked out the updated portal for tracking your certification and reviewing you transcript, you should.  It's much easier to navigate than in the past.

Plus they are beta testing being able to take exams from home or at work!  Alas, there doesn't seem to be any testing centers within walking distance of my office (or in my city at all) so I might consider trying that out.

You can schedule with Prometric OR Pearson Vue until the end of the year. Starting in 2015, Pearson Vue will be the sole testing provider for all your MCP needs.

Good luck on your next test!






No comments:

Post a Comment

MS ITPro Evangelists Blogs

More Great Blogs