Thursday, May 21, 2015

Azure Infrastructure Services Implementation Guidelines

One of the things I've found the most challenging when working in Azure to design and build servers is naming things (because the external DNS names have to be unique across Azure) and keeping track of how servers relate to each other.  Mostly these challenges exist because everything physical has been abstracted away - no wires to color code/label or servers to group together physically!

When I was first experimenting in Azure, it took a few rounds of creating and deleting things until I really go a hang of what went where.  But to save you some time, you might want to check out this handy piece of documentation publish earlier this month.

It really helps to clarify how naming in Azure can work, how subscriptions and accounts work, how storage and networking tie in, etc, with an example implementation.  I hope you find it useful - I wish I had it two years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MS ITPro Evangelists Blogs

More Great Blogs