Thursday, December 17, 2009

Handy ASP.NET 2.0 Tidbit

I've been familiarizing myself with WSS 3.0 this week and as part of that process I've been doing several installation in the lab. I ran into an issue on Windows 2003 Server with the installation of .NET 3.0 Framework and ASP.NET 2.0, which are required for the installation of Windows SharePoint Services.

While I had all the components installed, the ASP.NET 2.0 appeared to be missing from IIS. Our DBA has some experience with IIS and had run into a similar problem in the past, so he had the answer for me. ASP.NET 2.0 isn't automatically registered with IIS and that problem is easily solved by running this command:

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -iru -enable

I want to keep this fix handy, since my co-worker certainly saved me some time. Figured I might as well pay it forward and share it with others who may run into the same issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MS ITPro Evangelists Blogs

More Great Blogs