Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Checking In... Happy Tuesday!

Ah... Life.  How it gets in the way of things sometimes.  I'm looking forward to some slowing down of things as we get into June and July, which gives me some time to concentrate on finishing up with updating my MCSE.

Microsoft has been busy updating certifications in the last year, so now you'll find options for the MTA (Technology Associate), MCSA (Solutions Associate) and the MCSE (Solutions Expert).  I'm working toward the Server Infrastructure MCSE, so I still have exams 70-413 and 70-414 to go.

For preparation, I've got a copy of the 70-413 Exam Ref book, but I also like to mix up my studying materials with content from MVA (Microsoft Virtual Academy) and TechNet documentation to fill in areas where I might need some extra clarification.  What's nice about the Virtual Academy is that you can add the courses to your profile and then work through them at your own pace. Finally, I look for sessions from TechEd and other conferences that I'm might have attended that line up with test concepts.

If there is good in-person training in my area, I look for that as well. If you are in the SF area (or can get there easily, don't miss out on the chance to attend TechDays, organized by PacITPros.  This low-cost, two day event has a line up of great speakers and there is sure to be a topic for everyone. Register at www.techdays.org.

Today, I reviewed the booklet of sessions from TechEd for Monday (baby steps!) and here is what is on my short list to watch this week (Warning: these might completely unrelated to my exam studying):

  1. Windows PowerShell Unplugged with Jeffery Snover (DCIM-B318)
  2. Microsoft Azure Storage (DCIM-B384)
  3. Hybrid Identity: Extending Active Directory to the Cloud (PCIT-B313)
Also, if you are looking to learn more about Windows 8.1 in the Enterprise, register for an upcoming MVA JumpStart in mid-June! The instructors are Tommy Patterson and Simon May, so it's sure to be an enjoyable and educational few days.

Date: June 17, 18, & 19, 2014
Registration page: http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/liveevents/windows-8-1-update-for-enterprise-jump-start

Windows 8.1 Update for Enterprise Jump Start
Are you tackling BYOD? Windows 8.1 Update, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Phone can help! Find out how in this demo-filled, three-day Jump Start course with live Q&A. Plus, get the latest from the TechEd and Build conferences, and prepare for MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure and MCSA: Windows 8.1 certifications.
Seasoned experts share real-world experience as they explore the new feature set in Windows 8.1 Update. Dive deep into key enterprise scenarios around System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2 and Windows Intune management and security, and explore virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), disk deduplication and tiering, and the Remote Desktop app.
Windows 8.1 Update can simplify the management of tomorrow's IT environments, while tangibly improving today's end-user experience. Sign up for this fast-paced Jump Start, and find out more.

Anyway, happy Tuesday folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

MS ITPro Evangelists Blogs

More Great Blogs